Some of the worst cases of lower back pain have been treated successfully by using the lower back pain exercises for the situation. Though the results are encouraging, you should do well to consult your physician before taking on any type of physical activities.
Exercises for lower back pain that work are especially recommended if you are well-prepared for the possibly strenuous activities that lay ahead. Stretching or warm-ups help keep the muscles flexible through out the entire planned activity.
The lower back pain exercises often include instructions on how to perform the proper stretching techniques to increase blood flow and prevent unwanted injuries. The most common stretching methods also happen to be the most effective exercises for low back pain.
Actions to take when performing recommended stretches:
* Warm-up. Perform low intensity level workouts like walking prior to the stretching exercises.
* Never bounce–Bouncing during stretches may potential cause tear in muscle tissues that may leave stretch marks that tighten the muscles up when they heal, causing even the best lower back pain exercises to work less effectively.
* Dont pull the muscles too far when you stretch. Keep it simple and safe.
* Stretch before and after performing lower back pain exercises.
Top upper body stretching methods that can provide the best lower back pain exercises returns.
1. Head first- always start at the neck area.
1.1 Side-2 stretch 1
* Sit or stand in a normal position.
* Turn head to one side slowly
* Hold the position for five seconds then slowly turn the other way.
* Repeat process at least three times.
1.2 Side-stretch 2
* At the same position tilt head slowly at one side for five seconds
* Slowly bring it to the other side.
* Repeat process three times.
1.3 Back stretch
* Tilt head to the front.
* Bring your chin to you chest.
* Hold for five seconds and repeat process at least three times.
2. Shoulder areas
2.1 Side stretch
* Place left palm on your right shoulder with your chin touching your upper left arm.
* Pull the elbow with your right hand.
* Repeat process with your other arm.
2.2 Front stretch
* Bring your hands together below the waist and lock your fingers.
* Slowly bring them up-front with your palms-out at shoulder level.
* Hold it up for at least 20 seconds.
* Repeat if necessary.
2.3 Shoulder roll
* Bring your hands up to the sides at shoulder level.
* Roll them forward slowly in a circling motion.
* Keep it up for 10-15 seconds.
* Repeat process on the opposite directions. Dont over-stretch.
3. Shoulder-hip area
* On a standing position, reach for the other arm behind the head with your left hand.
* Grab your elbow with you right hand.
* Slowly lean to your right until a mild stretch is felt.
* Hold the position for at least 10 seconds,
* Repeat process on the other direction.
4. Back Areas- This will help the best lower back pain exercises to reach their full potential.
4.1 Middle back stretch
* Stand in a good posture with your hands on your hips and feet set apart.
* Slowly turn your body to the right and suspend position for 15 seconds at the farthest stretch.
* Repeat slowly going towards the opposite direction.
4.2 Lower back stretch
* Sit on the floor with left leg straight.
* Bend your right leg and cross it over the other foot above knee level.
* Bring your left elbow down against your right leg.
* Place your right palm on the floor behind your hips.
* Turn your head over right head along with your upper body and hold it for a maximum of 15 seconds.
* Repeat process with your right leg straight going to the opposite direction.
5. Head-to-toe stretch
* Lay flat on the floor.
* Place your hands above the head and stretch them as far as you can.
* Stretch both feet on the opposite direction including the ankles.
Do not hold your breath during the whole process. The best lower back pain exercises work best when blood circulation, flexibility, joint range motions and heartbeat rates are increased.
Help For Lower Back Pains During Pregnancy
Lower back pain is a natural phenomena that every pregnant woman should expect. It is important for pregnant women to learn about them at the early stages of pregnancy. There are plenty of products that help for lower back pain during pregnancy, available on the market today. There are several reasons why the lower back hurt during pregnancy. Luckily these problems are no longer unavoidable today. Effective solutions to the problem is properly discussed in this article.
Pregnant women experience obvious changes to the body that contributes to lower back pains. One logical explanation to the problem is weight gain. The massive weight build-ups are due to the swelling of the breast and the stomach area. Different products to help stop low back pain when pregnant are available in different forms, but some may not be suitable for expecting mothers. It is important therefore, to seek medical opinions before taking on products that help for lower back pain during pregnancy.
The Lumbar area of the spine is carrying the most weight of the upper body. The accumulated punishments to the lower back will ultimately result to muscle strain. These methods of preventing lower back pains are generally recommended to everyone, but more so to pregnant women. If you can buy a good pregnancy pillow, it will certainly lower your back pain. A full body pillow gives support to your back while sleeping and hence lower your back pain. Most pregnant women are not able to sleep properly during their pregnancy especially in the last trimester. Pregnancy pillows will provide much needed relief for pregnant woman in this time and provide a good sound sleep. We will discuss the benefits of pregnancy later in this article.
It has been said many times over that prevention is better than cure. Here are some quick tips that will help women resolve some issues with lower back pains during their pregnancies;
1.1 Good sitting posture
* Sit straight. Make sure the buttocks touch the back of the chair.
* Place a soft cushion on the curve area of the body. A rolled-up towel will do.
* Distribute the weight on both hips evenly.
* Both feet should rest flat on the floor. Avoid crossing your legs.
* Rest the elbow and arms on the chair or desk, keep them relax throughout.
* Do not twist your hips when sitting on a swivel chair, turn the whole body instead.
* When rising, move to the end of the chair and lift the body using both legs.
* Do not spend more than 30 minutes in a sitting position. Walk around every once in a while.
1.2 Proper standing posture
* Keep head straight. Make sure the ear lobes are perfectly aligned with the shoulder.
* Bring the chest forward and draw the shoulder blades slightly backwards.
* Stand with the knees straight. Both feet should be facing the same directions.
* Draw the stomach in as much as far as possible. Align the buttocks with the upper body.
* Use low-heeled shoes for support, and spread the weight evenly on both feet.
* Avoid being fixed in a stationary position for a long time.
* Do not twist using the hips, turn with the whole body when walking to different directions.
* Bend the knees when picking things up. Rest your weight on the legs and grab something for support when standing back up.
When the painful sensations on your lower back somehow developed despite the precautionary measures taken, simply look for products that help for lower back pain during pregnancy to end the suffering. However, it is best to discuss these matters with a Ob-Gynecologist to avoid unwanted occurrences.
Pregnancy is a wonderful experience that defines the essence of being a woman. Unfortunately, lower back pain is a big part of that experience. This is where products that help for lower back pain during pregnancy can be a woman’s new best friend.
Pregnancy Pillows Benefits
Pregnancy body pillows are large pillows that are available in many sizes and shapes, such as the U-shaped, the wedge, the bean-shaped, and many more. Pregnancy pillows provide a bed to the changing curves of your body and offer support in certain sleeping positions. Pregnancy pillows provide adequate support for the stomach, neck, legs, shoulders and back. One of the best ways to use a full body pregnancy pillow is to put it in between your legs. Although each type of them has different benefits, it is said that the pregnancy body pillows are the most comfortable for the majority of expecting mothers. helping them to sleep well.
- They help in making the sleeping positions comfortable especially in the later stages of pregnancy when sleeping on the back and stomach becomes difficult.
- Women who suffer from neck and back pain can use this by lying in a half-fetal position, which is considered the best one for pregnant women.
- In this way, it’s able to adjust with your belly and spine in order to provide them the perfect support.
- Invest in one or more pregnancy pillows.
- Another benefit to using a pregnancy body pillow is that you will still be able to use it after you give birth to your baby.
- A good pregnancy pillow can relieve pressure on the spine, back and hips while improving alignment of the hip, shoulder and spine.
- It also helps you to get rid of the aches in legs, spine, shoulders and neck.
A pregnancy pillow like the Snoozer pregnancy pillow will help support your lower back and belly, making falling asleep a lot easier. It can be used while sleeping still, but can also be used as a support for your baby while you are nursing, or even as a barrier for your child during their early years while sleeping to stop your baby from rolling over. Breastfeeding is a wonderful experience for baby and mom. When you sleep in the wrong posture, your circulation of blood is stopped, which ultimately results in severe pains in your body. If you have two you can easily roll from one to the other, or keep one upstairs and one downstairs in case you want to catch a nap during the day. These body pillows can help to relieve back pains for women who are not pregnant as well, and even men, too. It can sometimes be hard to find the perfect feeding position. Sleep deprivation during pregnancy is valid as it is one of the ways on how the body reacts to the changes it faces.
With a huge belly bulge, pregnant women don’t have many options with their sleeping position – it is either lying strictly on your sides or on your back. It is recommended for anyone needing to sleep with their feet elevated a bit than the rest of their body. A pregnancy pillow offers support for moms who are breastfeeding. However, lack of sleep lead to crankiness, irritability, mood changes, and other not-so-favorable results, and these add to the challenges you have to deal with during pregnancy. This can tire your back and shoulder muscles.
Using a pregnancy pillow is the best idea to offer enough support to your belly, back, neck, shoulder and legs. Baby can lie in a comfortable position on the pillow while mom adjusts her body to conform to the baby. Pregnancy pillows, the ones that look like giant sausages, are the answer to your sleeping problems. Pregnancy pillows provide support to the head and back, helping women sleep in half-fetal position and relieving the stress on their spine, back and hips. Since you have to sleep on your left side throughout the second and third trimester, pregnancy care will be easier if you can reap the pregnancy pillow benefits. A pregnancy pillow helps breastfeeding become a truly enjoyable experience. Putting a pillow between your knees puts too much pressure on your bottom leg and doesn’t correctly align you. A specially designed pregnancy support pillow can help alleviate the pain and pressure in the back, neck, and knees that many women experience during pregnancy. When you first start searching for pregnancy pillows, it can be difficult to imagine being comfortable while sleeping with them. It really helps during pregnancy that you have a comfortable and undisturbed sleep at night. Continue Reading »